Smoked Bourbon Vanilla, Coconut Bliss and Cinfully Sweet.
Those are just three of the more than 24 flavors of ice cream available at Urban Churn’s new ice cream shop on the Carlisle Pike in Hampden Township.
State officials including Agriculture Secretary Russell Redding and Department of Community and Economic Development Deputy Secretary Carrie Fischer Lepore and State Rep. Greg Rothman were on hand at the shop on Wednesday to kick of the state’s fourth annual ice cream trail. (click to continue reading)
Chocolate milk, The Recovery Drink
Chocolate milk is a nearly perfect workout recovery drink. Compared to water and most sports drinks, it has double the carbohydrate and protein content – the perfect combination to replenish tired muscles after a workout. Its high-water content replaces fluids lost as sweat and prevents dehydration. Plus, it packs a nutritional bonus of calcium and includes just a little sodium and sugar — which help recovering-athletes retain water and regain energy.
Senate Majority Policy Committee
Wednesday, June 16, 2021 | 9:00 a.m.
Public hearing on the Federal Prohibition of Whole Milk in Schools
1. Don’t wish a Veteran a Happy Memorial day. There is nothing happy about the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice. But always be happy to enjoy the freedoms they provided you.
2. It’s not really a holiday. It is a holy day. It’s a remembrance of those who died in combat or in service.
3. When you BBQ, grill or cookout make sure you remember why we have this long weekend. Tell your kids and grandkids why it’s important.
4. Remember its not just about the “heroes” of movie and book fame, it’s also about that private who landed at Normandy, Baghdad, Vietnam, Korea or countless other battlefields large and small and died 2 minutes into his first combat action.
5. If you want to know the true meaning, visit Arlington or your local VA cemetery. Learn the story of why there are coins on the graves.
6. Patriotism is a great thing, show a flag in remembrance, but make sure its a flag of the US not some political movement (BLM, Blue stripe, Rebel flag etc).
7. This weekend is not about you or me. Talk about Chesty Puller, George Patton, John Basilone, Dakota Meyer, Kyle Carpenter, Ira Hayes, Chris Kyle and any other heroes too numerous to name.
8. Keep remembrances, and the real burden for warriors who now stand their post in front of God and history.
9. Say a prayer… and then another.
10. Remember the fallen for all the good they did while they were here.
11. Reach out and let a Vet know you are there, and you care. We are losing too many in “peace time”.
HARRISBURG – Minutes before the start of Tuesday’s Capitol press conference convened by Reps. Dave Zimmerman (R-Lancaster), Dan Moul (R-Adams), Clint Owlett (R- Bradford/Potter/Tioga) and John Hershey (R-Franklin/Juniata/Mifflin) about the status of the 2021 Keystone International Livestock Exposition (KILE), the Wolf administration emailed the House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee indicating that it would move to open the Farm Show Complex. (click to continue reading)
HARRISBURG -Three House committee chairmen showed up for a 9 a.m. tour of the state Farm Show Complex today to examine the personal protective equipment (PPE) stored there but were denied access because they refused to comply with unreasonable pre-conditions set by the Wolf administration.
Rep. Dan Moul (R-Adams), chairman of the House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee; Rep. Karen Boback (R- Lackawanna/Luzerne/Wyoming), chairman of the House Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee; and Seth Grove (R-York), chairman of the House State Government Committee, were invited to the Farm Show Complex following a State Government Committee hearing at which PPE storage was discussed. However, when they arrived for the tour, there were no administration officials there to greet them and they were locked out of the building. (Click to continue reading).
Stop by the PA Ag Republican’s booth at the McClure Bacon Festival.